Declare Freedom From Computer Problems!
The 5 Biggest Mistakes Business Owners Make With Their Computer Network That Cost Them Time, Money and Aggravation
Want to avoid the most common and expensive computer problems most business owners experience? Then read on! We’ve compiled a list of 5 things you should be doing to save yourself a lot of time and money, by avoiding a big, ugly computer disaster.
- Have an automated off-site back-up system in place. I cannot stress the importance of this enough. Having an off-site back-up of your data will be the equivalent of wearing a seatbelt in a major accident. You don’t think much about it until you need it, and then, you will thank your lucky stars you had it in place.
- Centralize your data on your server. At one time, servers only made sense for large organizations because of their high cost and complexity. But today, there are very affordable and easy-to-implement server systems designed speciﬁcally for any size small business. Depending on your business needs, your server can be in your ofﬁce or hosted in the cloud. A server will not only speed up your network, but it will also make backups easier, allow secure remote access to allow you and your employees to work from home or on the road, and make it much easier to share documents, databases, and printers.
- Keep your anti-virus software up-to-date, and perform weekly spyware scans. Almost everyone understands the importance of anti-virus software, but many businesses still do not perform weekly spyware sweeps. Spyware can cause a host of problems that include slowing down your systems, pop-up ads, and even identity theft.
- Create an acceptable use policy and enforce it! One of the biggest threats to your network are your employees! Although that sounds harsh, it is true. Employees can accidentally introduce viruses and spyware through innocent activities online such as checking their Gmail account, downloading photos, or visiting phishing websites set up by online criminals. There are several great programs available for monitoring employee activity online. If you would like a recommendation for your speciﬁc situation, call our ofﬁce.
- Perform regular maintenance. Just like your car, a computer network needs regular maintenance. This includes monitoring of critical components, performance, security patches, and your back-up system. Regular maintenance can dramatically improve the speed and reliability of your network, as well as the security of your data. If you cannot afford to lose data or be down for days, you must perform regular maintenance on your network!
Want An Easy Way To Make Sure You Aren’t
Making These 5 Mistakes In Your Business?
Thanks to our stabilIT Managed Services program, we take full responsibility for managing your computer network! This service is guaranteed to eliminate expensive, frustrating computer programs and give you the peace of mind that your data is safe and secure.
To learn more, download our FREE REPORT, “What Every Small Business Owner Must Know About Protecting and Preserving Their Company’s Critical Data and Computer Systems” at www.inserturl.com or call our office at 443-365-2536.
“What Every Small Business Owner Must Know About Protecting and Preserving Their Company’s Critical Data and Computer Systems”
Important! We hate spam as much (or more!) than you and promise to NEVER rent, share, or abuse your e-mail address and contact information in any way.